10 Amazing Things to Do in Sosua
1. Check out the beautiful Sosua Beach – a stunning stretch of sand perfect for swimming and sunbathing, with crystal-clear waters ideal for scuba diving. There are also many restaurants and bars along the beachfront where you can enjoy a delicious Dominican meal or drink.
2. Take a walk on the romantic Las Americas Promenade – one of the oldest streets in Sosua, which winds its way along the coast from Playa Blanca onwards and features plenty of boutique shops, art galleries, and restaurants along its route.
3. Spend an afternoon at La Isla del Roque – an ancient monastery perched atop a hill overlooking Sosua town – where you can visit famed paintings by Spanish masters such as El Greco or Rembrandt or explore the charming gardens.
4. Head to Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort for some excellent golfing; try out some of the courses, including La Romana Club (designed by Bobby Jones), Los Torreones Golf Course (by Martin Kaymer), or Punta Cana course (by Sergio Garcia). Or, if you prefer other sports activities, head to their pool complex where you can swim, sunbathe, play tennis and volleyball…or relax in their beautiful spa facilities!
5. If caving is your thing, make your way to Cueva Jimenez – one of Dominica’s most impressive cave systems located about 30 minutes from Sosua town; it offers several thrilling tours lasting around 4 hours each which should be enough time to see everything there is to see!
6. Enjoy some local cuisine at one of Sosua’s many restaurants; dishes such as conch soup served with rice and plantains are highly recommended starters, while main courses might include jerk chicken cooked in a traditional African style or lobster tail served over garlic mashed potatoes with butter sauce. Delicious desserts such as pandan crepes filled with fresh cream will finish your meal perfectly!
7. Have some fun shopping at Souvenir Village – home to over 100 boutiques selling everything from T-shirts to luxurious chocolates; don’t forget to stock up on supplies before heading back home!
8. If disco fever has taken over your life recently, then head down to Amsterdam Disco club – this lively nightspot transports guests back in time via its vintage decor and classic music selection; something different and exciting for you to experience!
9. If you’re looking for a more relaxing experience, why not take a day trip to the neighboring island of St. Lucia; it’s a beautiful place with plenty of activities to keep you busy such as hiking, swimming, and snorkeling.
10. And finally, if you’re looking for something truly unique and unforgettable in Sosua, then why not consider taking a safari trip to the stunning rainforest just a few minutes away; it’s an experience you’ll never forget!